Monday, September 15, 2008

Glory to Glory

The title of a Wellness Coach can be misleading.
Make sure you hear me out....
When I took the job as a Wellness Coach with Zest Quest little did I know that I was saying yes to what I had always said I would never do….TEACH!
Recently I have found myself eating words that I said long ago. My college roommates, Jessica and Allison, were both education majors. They would spend endless hours preparing for a lesson by cutting out pictures or my favorite, making a life-size Mrs. Gallon. I would always shake my head and say that I would never have to do anything like that for my major. Wellllll, I was wrong.
Over the past two months I have spent endless hours lesson planning, cutting things out, and learning strategies for classroom management. Every day, I teach kiddies the importance of eating healthy and getting physical activity on a daily basis. Some days, I tend to get overwhelmed with all the “teaching” stuff that I lose focus of my purpose as a wellness coach. My main goal is to give these kids hope, to instill in them a passion and enthusiasm for health and wellness, and most importantly to love on them.
I say all this to remind you of two things: 1) be careful of what you say you will never do, because it might come back to bite you in the butt and 2) be flexible! Sometimes God will take you down a path to a place you never envisioned yourself going, but it’s because He is preparing you for what lies ahead. Remember we are all being changed “from glory to glory.”

1 comment:

Rachel said...

thanks for adding me to the lists of blogg you so faithfully read :) im putting u on my list!