Thursday, November 20, 2008

Details

Ughh…I have been an awful blogger lately. So awful, that I haven’t written a new one in like 2 months. Pathetic I know! If it wasn’t for someone (ahemmm…nick) prodding me to do it, I probably wouldn’t just because I feel like so much time has past, where do I even begin?!?
Anyways, allow me to just hit the highlights…
After much thought and prayer, Nick took a youth pastoring position in Ohio. Yes, you did just read that correctly…OHIO (you know “round on the sides, high in the middle”). I have to admit, when he first told me that a church from Ohio had contacted him and wanted to set up an interview, I was completely against the idea. I began to pray that if that’s where God was leading Nick to go that He would change my heart. Well, He did. Nick never once persuaded me one way or the other; in fact he told me that if I didn’t have a peace about it then he wouldn’t even pursue the opportunity. I admire him for that; however, I couldn’t deny the overwhelming peace that God was filling my heart with. Those of you that know me, know that I was born and raised in the south. I am the epitome of a “southern” girl. I am very close to my family and the thought of being hundreds of miles away from them does not sit well with me, but like I said God did a 180 on my heart so to speak.
I knew that if God wanted Nick and eventually me up there, He would have to work out A LOT of details. If you didn’t know this before, I am here to testify, that God is a God of details. Nick and I prayed very specifically for certain details to work out, one in particular was the contract with my job. Originally, my contract was suppose to run through June 2009. We both felt strongly that June was too long for us to go with being that far apart and that if God wanted both of us up there He would work things out. I wrote a letter to my employer explaining the situation and on the same day they received the letter they called me and said they supported my decision 100%. When I got off the phone all I could do was cry and thank God for another answered prayer. A lot of things hinged on whether or not I would be excused early from my contract, and thank God I was! My last day as a wellness coach for ZQ will be December 19th.
One more important detail HAD to happen. It was something I had prayed for, long before I ever met Nick…which God answered on October 17th, 2008. I love surprises, but usually I figure them out fairly easy. However, Nick pulled the BEST surprise on me! It was the weekend before he moved up to Ohio. We were “meeting” some friends in downtown Greenville for coffee and dessert. Prior to this night, Nick had asked a friend of mine to find a guy and girl who would do a mock proposal. The guy doing the mock proposal asked me to take pictures while he was proposing. Half way through his proposal, he stopped, turned around, looked at me and said something’s not right. He took the camera from me and said that I should turn around. When I did Nick was down on one knee. I was in complete and utter shock! After I screamed like I had just been hit by a car, I said YES!!!!!!! Afterwards, I told Nick that he would have to repeat what he said because I was in so much shock I couldn’t remember. When I could finally see from my tears, I saw all my friends coming out from nowhere. Random people were stopping on the sidewalk to watch and look at the ring. It was amazing!! FYI…to all you guys out there, sorry, but this proposal will be a tough one to beat!
To make a long story short, on February 7th, 2009….I will marry my love and my friend. I couldn’t be happier! Then I will be whisked away to the wintry wonderland of Ohio and this girl that was born and raised in South Carolina will see more snow probably in one day than I have my entire 23 years of living down south. And I am more than excited!
Well, now that I have written a book and it can no longer be considered a blog, hopefully I will do a better job of updating this thing!

1 comment:

juvalee and bru said...

Hi Lindsey...wonderful blog! Glad to hear all the details from your point of view....you soon to be hubby interjects with the stories with.... 5 more days!!!....3 more days!!! He's really excited for you to come up!!! and we are too! Praise God that God cares about the details and wants what is best for each of us!!