Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Nana

Two years have gone by so extremely fast…

Tomorrow is the two-year anniversary of my sweet Nana going home to be with Jesus.  It still feels like yesterday, driving home from college for the weekend and my first stop would always be at my Nana’s.  Of course, she would be waiting on me.  I would pour myself a glass of sweet tea and then we would sit together on her couch and she would ask me, “how’s your love life?”

Oh, how I miss that lady.

I have spent a lot of time this week thinking about my nana and what an amazing woman she was.  She was a mother of four and a grandmother to fourteen grandkids.  Somehow, she had this amazing ability to make each and everyone of us feel like we were her favorite.  I know I did and I am sure my cousins can admit to this same feeling, at least at some point in time.

It is true, that time heals all pain, but one thing it can never do is erase the memories.  I plan to carry her memories with me always and to continue her legacy of being a strong, generous, and loving person and most importantly, a committed prayer warrior.

 

 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

amen baby.....you keep it going on!

Paula said...

I'm reading this a little late, but I can't believe it's been 2 years. Time does fly. Keep up the blogging :)

Matt said...

Hello everyone that may peek at this wall, check out this page, www.mattschroeder.org (watch the videos there, and picture album at the bottom left.) Remember to find and join my Facebook group, "The Rest is Up to You," and invite others to join the group after you do (by clicking the link at the upper left of the group’s wall- Invite People to Join.) I send group emails typically every Thursday or Friday, to every member of the group. You can send questions, suggestions, and/or comments (if you kindly would help me) about my presentation or website to, matt@mattschroeder.org. I am a keynote or motivational and/or inspirational speaker, and I would like to speak for your upcoming assembly, gathering, or banquet that you’re having or know of. Please add me as a friend and spread me to others!

With hard work I’ve earned bachelor and master degrees from the Ohio State University. I had a chance to have an individual, powerful, and memorable discussion with Christopher Reeve (AKA Superman; or rather he was the world famous actor who portrayed the Man of Steel,) on the evening before he spoke at my bachelors commencement (June 13, 2003.) A rare and beautiful photograph was taken just after our motivational encounter, and it can be seen in the videos on my website (again, www.mattschroeder.org,) but w/o describing the details of our meeting, I’ll say it was beneficial to both parties involved, and it is revisited during my presentation.

I was once in a serious auto accident with many major broken bones and vertebrae in my neck, capped off with traumatic brain injury, followed by more than ten weeks of coma. I've fully recovered even though "experts" told me I'd never walk, and family is a very big deal in my life. It always was and is now, and they visited, talked to, and were by my side for more than ten years of recovery. Now I have a master’s degree from Ohio State, and I speak clearly, walk, run, jump, and drive! Please add me as a friend…

Typically I speak to sports teams, schools, churches, youth groups, or anywhere people would like some motivation and/or inspiration. Any venue that gives me an opportunity to urge others to lead their life with an optimistic attitude would work... never let others' negative thoughts or opinions about the effort influence the way you go about things. I am a modest person but I cannot tell a lie either.

I guarantee that wherever I speak every listener (15 and over) will be motivated and/or inspired by my presentation, stay on the edge of their seat with excitement and interest because they are active participants , learn many helpful bits of information, and find much humor as my presentation kicks off and continually throughout. All listeners will leave my presentation better equipped to tackle or elude obstacles blocking their path towards success. I can only do my best to give a great performance "The Rest is Up to You," my listeners!

~Matt~ Failure is the first step to success. Think about that one.
(¯`v´¯)
`•.¸.•´
¸.•´¸.•¨) ¸.•¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ (¸.•¨¯`♥